Having a virtual switchboard in any business is fundamental for the advancement and digitization of both internal and external communications, but having a virtual switchboard for hotels can be very important to provide excellent customer service, something that in the tourism sector is essential for customers to have a good experience and achieve customer loyalty.
In this post, we are going to recommend the best way to integrate PBX to improve the calling system of a hotel. The points we will see are the following:
- Functionalities of a hotel PBX phone system
- Benefits of the hotel PBX phone system
- What is the best hotel PBX phone system?
- 3CX PBX as a virtual switchboard for hotels
In the hotel sector, the most important thing is to provide excellent customer service, since the comfort of the guests will make the difference compared to other hotel brands. With the arrival of IP telephony or VOIP, more and more hotels have moved from traditional telephony to the implementation of virtual switchboards to manage calls more efficiently and at a lower cost.
On the other hand, it is necessary to emphasize that in moments of crisis like the pandemic in which the world has been immersed by the coronavirus the calls of clients to hotels have undergone a great increase due to the cancellations, postponements of bookings or questions of the users. With a PBX for hotels receiving a large flow of calls both national and international is not a problem. It is possible to reproduce a locution that alerts the customer of the waiting time, transfer calls to the corresponding department, divert calls to other devices, among other issues.
Functionalities of a hotel PBX phone system
In addition to the obvious functionalities such as receiving and sending calls, a virtual switchboard can be adapted with specific options for hotels.
- Do not disturb mode. You can configure the times when the customer does not want to receive calls in the room.
- Alarm clock. You can configure it so that the client receives a call with a recording where they are given the “good morning” or the message that is convenient.
- Connection with the departments. The auto-attendant function allows the client to contact the different departments from the room by a dialing system.
- Interruption of the connection. It is possible to deactivate the phone in the unoccupied rooms.
- International numbering. The hotel can manage its own switchboard to automatically answer calls in the corresponding language.
- Displaying the name. Calls made from the room to the reception or room service can be displayed with the name of the guest. This allows a closer and more friendly treatment.
- Statistics. The statistics function allows the hotel to know the most requested services by the clients. It also provides the customer with a record of calls made during their stay.
Benefits of the hotel PBX phone system
Among the benefits that we find within a hotel with a PBX system, we can highlight the following:
- Improves customer service when they call and when they use the phone in the room thanks to the functionalities we have pointed out previously.
- It allows better management when a large flow of incoming calls is received.
- Adaptation to the customer’s language. By having the possibility of using a virtual number from any country, customers will be able to call local numbers at no additional cost to them. This shows a closer feeling, even if the call center team is in another location.
- Flexibility and scalability. We can add more extensions as needed and it offers very flexible possibilities since with an internet connection we can receive calls in any device: landline, mobile phone, tablet, or computer.
- Cost savings on the phone bill. Calls between extensions are free and the cost of internet telephony is less than a traditional telephone system.
What is the best hotel PBX phone system?
At Megacall we recommend 3CX Unified Communications, this system offers endless features and services. Furthermore, you only have to pay an annual fee based on the number of simultaneous calls needed, while the monthly cost will correspond to support, call minutes, and added services.
Extensions are unlimited and do not involve any additional cost, which is very beneficial for hotels as they usually need a great number of phone lines.
Some of the features offered by this system are:
- Diverting calls from landline to mobile
- Conference Calls
- Call recording
- Voice mail
- Keeping calls on hold
- Digital receptionist. Interactive Voice Response (allows the user to select the desired option through the keys when calling).
- CRM Integration
- Barge In (you will be able to listen to live calls)
- Ability to display national or international phone numbers
3CX PBX as a virtual switchboard for hotels
The 3CX Phone System offers a hotel-specific module, so it is perfect for having a fully functional hotel PBX. The module adds:
- Guest check-in / check-out
- Schedule wake-up calls
- Cleaning status codes
- Mini-bar consumption codes
- Billing and more
Optionally, the 3CX Hotel Module can be integrated with popular PMS / Hotel Management systems, such as Micros Fidelio, or other PMS systems using the Mitel protocol. This allows hotel staff to increase their operational efficiency by taking advantage of all the communication and management features included in the Hotel Management Software. It is also possible to automate the sharing of guest information such as check-in and check-out times, room cleaning status, or any other maintenance information that improves the operation of the hotel.
At Megacall we will advise and assist you in the process of integrating the 3CX system by providing servers and minutes for your calls.