In this post, we will help you with some tools and tips to introduce your SME in the digital transformation. If you are thinking about what are the steps to digitize a company here is all you need to know.
The digitalization of a company consists of the use of new technologies to make work processes more efficient and facilitate the development of tasks. We can also automate many procedures, which will help us reduce the time in certain actions that can be complicated. These important benefits have an impact on cost and time savings in a company, which makes it clear why to digitalize a company.
Resistance to change and lack of training in new technologies mean that many companies do not have a digitalization plan yet. However, according to Everis II Smart Industry 4.0 Study and the Industry 4.0 Observatory, eight out of ten industrial companies have already planned to digitize their companies.
Keys to digitize a company
To begin the digitalization process, the company must analyze what its current situation is and what processes need to be digitized. Depending on its objectives it will be able to establish the necessary tools and choose the appropriate suppliers.
Among the objectives of an SME you can find the boost of sales, the improvement of productivity, increase savings and control. All this can be achieved by digitizing a company since there are online marketing techniques and tools that facilitate sales channels through electronic commerce.
Also, with the new telecommunications processes and thanks to VoIP telephony – calls through the internet – the company can improve and facilitate its customer service.
How to digitize a company
According to the Spanish Chamber of Commerce on how to digitize a company, we can find the following points:
1. Connectivity (internet) that guarantees quality connection with customers, suppliers, public administrations and applications. At this point, Spanish companies approve outstandingly since 93.3% of them with more than 10 employees have an internet connection and fixed broadband.
2. Intelligent multi-channel contact management (CRM) platforms, which allow meeting the expectations of an increasingly digital customer.
3. Digital management and office applications, accessible from any device, that integrate information in real-time, automate the procedures and allow electronic invoicing.
4. Digital jobs with a strong mobility component to ensure efficiencies and reduce downtime.
5. Cloud backup applications to ensure recovery from attacks and disasters. Depending on their activity and their need, they may consider migrating servers to the cloud.
6. Websites and online stores to expand the commercial focus, strengthen digital relationships with customers and sell more.
7. Services and devices to digitize the premises and other points of physical contact with the client, maximizing their knowledge and personalization of the attention and commercial offer.
8. Basic security applications for cleaning email, protecting information and the network, as well as having secure web browsing.
9. IoT platforms to reduce costs in activities such as the automatic collection of information, the attention of geographically distributed devices or video surveillance.
10. Business Intelligence (BI) or BigData services to improve management by incorporating techniques that transform the data collected in all processes into information relevant to the management and evolution of the business model.
All these changes are necessary to increase the value of a business and be more efficient, so digitize a company is not an option but a requirement to ensure the survival and progress of a business.