In this post we are going to give you some recommendations to take into account when we intend to have a VoIP provider to use the SIP trunk service, specifically, we will focus on the question of how to get the most out of a SIP trunk for companies exporting and importing products and services.
Contents of the post:
- What does SIP trunking bring to export and import companies that other similar services do not have?
- How many SIP trunk channels does your company need?
- What do you need to install a SIP trunk?
- Technical specifications for configuring a SIP trunk
What does SIP trunking bring to export and import companies that other similar services do not have?
When we talk about SIP trunk we refer to the virtual voice channels that we can use to send and receive calls. We can have this voice traffic simply with an internet connection and a PBX to connect the SIP trunk.
With a SIP trunking service, you can have all the voice traffic you need for your calls at a very competitive price. Set up is free, there is no fixed monthly cost – you only pay for the minutes used – and up to 50 free channels are offered.
This service provides you with security and quality in all your calls, as by working with several international carriers the calls will be routed through the provider that offers the best performance.
SIP trunking can provide export and import companies with many advantages.
- Quick installation: it can be up and running within the same day.
- Access to an online platform to control spending at all times.
- Possibility of increasing or decreasing channels depending on the volume of calls.
- Lower costs. There are no installation costs and internet calls are cheaper than traditional telephony.
- National and international calls can be made.
- Possibility to display national and international telephone numbers.
How many SIP trunk channels does your company need?
One of the most important aspects to take into account when contracting a SIP trunk service is the number of channels for simultaneous calls that a company may need.
A company that exports and imports products or services may have a high volume, as it has a large fleet of means of transport, suppliers, collaborating companies, clients, etc. Its customer service will need to receive and send a large number of calls at the same time.
That’s why SIP trunking can be a good solution to support that call load, offer unlimited voice channels and competitive prices for international calls.
What do you need to install a SIP trunk?
For a SIP trunk to work you need a PBX, which will connect to the internet and in turn the SIP trunking channel will send the call to the destination mobile or landline. The same process is followed in reverse to receive calls.
In order to set up a SIP gateway correctly we will need the following elements:
- A PBX
- Internet connection
- A VoIP telephony provider
- IP phones or softphones
- A fixed IP address
Technical specifications for configuring a SIP trunk
If you are already using a VoIP PBX you are ready to set up a SIP trunk in your company. You will need to consider the Codecs you need, at Megacall we support some of them like G711A (PCMA), G711U (PCMU) and G729.
On the security side we first use your fixed public IP to authorise traffic and then offer 3 methods of security authentication.
In addition, you have full control to manage the CallerID (CLI). From your PBX you can choose the number you want to display.
If you need more information you can contact us here.