This post is dedicated to breaking down the highlights of a virtual switchboard for freelancers. We all know that self-employed professionals are hard workers who have to deal with all aspects of the business. From customer service to the administrative or accounting side.
The day-to-day life of a self-employed person is not easy sometimes, as they have to answer calls, do not usually have fixed hours, and even when on holiday they have to deal with certain tasks. The good news is that there are tools that can be used to make their work easier and to improve the efficiency of their business. One of these tools is the virtual switchboard for freelancers.
Many freelancers have to spend a lot of time on the phone every day because you never know if it might be a business opportunity. In addition, they cannot leave customers and suppliers unattended. This is where the services and benefits offered by a virtual switchboard for the self-employed come in.
What is a virtual switchboard for freelancers?
A virtual switchboard is a system that allows you to make phone calls over the Internet using VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) technology. With this software you can manage your calls from a computer, landline or mobile phone from anywhere.
It is a very intelligent solution for self-employed workers thanks to its ability to adapt to the business. It can be used on a desktop computer, a laptop, a landline, a mobile for self-employed, and even a tablet. You don’t need a fixed location; you just need a good internet connection.
On the other hand, with the virtual switchboard you can know your performance (statistics on incoming and outgoing calls, call duration, etc). And if you have any doubt about a conversation you had with a customer you can always listen to it again thanks to the call recording option.
Virtual switchboard functions for freelancers
A virtual switchboard for freelancers makes it possible for you to have your own customer service system without having to hire anyone. The functions offered by this system, among others, are the following.
- Call Recording: You can record all your calls, and store them in the cloud
- Music on Hold: Customize and manage music on hold so your customers don’t get impatient
- Call Conference: Hold conference calls with several users at the same time
- Displayed CLI: Choose the number you want to show in your calls
- Call Transfer: Transfer both inbound and outbound calls to any switchboard user
- Do Not Disturb: Choose when you want to answer your calls
- Voice Encryption: Your calls will be safe and confidential with our voice encryption
- Call Forwarding: Divert your calls wherever you want, even determining a forwarding time
- Simultaneous Call: Make your mobile phone, home phone and office phone ring at the same time
- Voicemail: Customize your voice messages and receive them instantly in your email
- Filtered out: Manage and block calls from the destinations you choose
Advantages of the virtual switchboard for self-employed
Both for companies and freelancers, virtual switchboards have great economic and efficiency advantages.
- Low cost calls: when calls are made over the Internet, the cost of the minutes is much lower than traditional telephony, which means savings on your bill.
- Flexibility and scalability: the switchboard can be adapted to the business as it grows. It can be for a single self-employed person and include more extensions as you open offices or hire staff.
- Improved customer service: it offers a fast and professional call answering system, allows call transfer, and you can inform about your office hours or establish an IVR (Interactive Voice Response) system so that the caller can speak directly with the corresponding department.
- No limits: as long as you have an internet connection you can be connected to your switchboard no matter where your office or staff is located.
Set up a virtual switchboard for freelancers
Having a virtual switchboard for freelancers is very easy and you can have it in one day. Megacall offers same-day set up, no contracts and with all the technical support you need.
If you only need one extension the monthly cost is 9.95€ per month or up to 5 users for 29.95€ per month. The cost of calls (billing per second) and VAT is not included in the price. If you are not decided yet you can ask for a free demo to see how it works.
Start expanding your business right now.